Map Top

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To Lander

Today's stretch is, I think, the least populated of my trip.  I'll pass through Jeffrey City, a former uranium boom town, now a semi-ghost town but allegedly with a open bar and cafe.  And from there to Lander there is nothing.  Just scrub brush and wind and otherwise a void.

I guess you could call this the land of wind and ghosts.  Anyone remember who sends your dirt and grime here?

Thankfully I learned about this tiny town of Lamont, with a cafe and campground and nothing much else.  Getting here last night cuts today from a terrifying 124 miles to a strenuous but non-terrifying 92.  Right in my wheelhouse.

The Lamont campground was actually just a woman's yard.  It was amazing and deserves its own post...I'll put it up with some pictures when I have a better internet connection.



2 comments:

  1. That would be Mr. Sparkle, I believe. I love the tepees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did I know that someone would get this, I knew it would be you, Am!

    ReplyDelete