Map Top

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Snow! Continental Divide! Bingo update!

I met a nice Englishman at the Rockies game.  Good baseball knowledge with an English accent...unusual combination.

Being on a road in a National Park, I looked for Hawaii license plates all day.  I probably saw at least 30 states, including Alaska and Massachusetts...but no Hawaii.  A surprisingly large number of Illinois and Minnesota, if you were wondering.

I also walked across the Colorado River.  It was about 20 feet wide and 3 feet deep, and the water I walked through was snow this morning (and flowing really fast).  But the judge ruled that my river fording must not be so frivolous - I must take the bike with me, and it must be for the sake of forward progress.  I can't just cross a river for fun.  

Hey - if bike trip bingo were easy it wouldn't be fun!



3 comments:

  1. amazing!

    Congratulations on crossing the Rockies.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you crossed the Rockies. Where to next?
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete