Map Top

Monday, July 11, 2011

Slight change in plans

Instead of heading northwest from the Lake of the Ozarks to Kansas City, I have gone directly west.  

I've done this for two reasons.  First, the TransAmerica trail, which I will follow across Kansas, is SOUTH of where I am now.  Second, the road I would have taken toward KC turned out to be relatively unsafe, and Sunday lake traffic sealed the deal.

I've been to Kansas City before, so this isn't a huge loss.  Sadly I won't get to see Lawrence or Topeka, but I can save those for another day.

Plus, it felt good to really head due west.  I don't think I've really set out at 270 degrees since Connecticut (that's pi radians, my fellow EEs)





4 comments:

  1. Wow, puling out the phasor math. So does that mean when you head north/south you are going in an imaginary direction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A complex trip deserves complex numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand any of these jokes! But after getting back from our drive to Southport, NC and checking in on your progress I say thee yea, David Dean!

    Also, after driving 1700 miles in a week, my perspective of what you're doing has been re-calibrated. Holy smokes, man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah - I missed the easiest joke of them all.

    By heading due west I'm keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete