Map Top

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Big push to Riverside, Wyoming

The plan today was to camp at a site just past the Wyoming border - about 80 miles from Granby.  BUT, I made good time and felt good in Walden, CO, and thought I'd try to make Riverside, 50 miles away.  I'd only push that far if I had a place to stay so I made some calls, and despite the threat to my sh*t, I decided to go for it.  49 miles and 4 hours later, here I am.  

The highway sign claims that Riverside has a population of 59, and most of them seem to be at the two bars in town.  Unlike very small towns in other parts of the country, this one seems to be full of younger people.  A town of 59 people in Indiana is full of old people not willing to start again in another place.  This place seems relatively thriving despite the tiny population.





No comments:

Post a Comment