Map Top

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Iola swimming fail

I was all excited to get to Iola because they have a swimming pool.  I got there, paid my $2, and while I was changing there was a thunderclap and they called everyone out of the pool.  The lifeguard let me jump in, but I swam for about 10 seconds.  When I got out they announced that the pool would reopen at 8:00.  Suck!  Look at this place!  They have a huge slide and those water bucket thingies!  And, the rain never came.

Until now. I rested up, called my brother (and former travelling partner), ate an ice cream and refilled my water.  I then looked west to see this monster storm bearing down on me.  So, I'm currently holed up at Sonic in Iola, waiting for this to clear out.  Still no rain yet, but it's 20 miles to the next town so I might as well be on the safe side.



1 comment:

  1. So where in the world is David Dean?
    Carmen Santiago would be jealous
    of the magical abilities of your GPS
    and solar recharger.
    But...
    Just remember, as Dorothy said so succinctly,after surviving the tornado.
    "There's no place like home."
    Say hello to Kansas for me.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete