Map Top

Monday, July 11, 2011

Late afternoon sprints

It sounds crazy, but I enjoy pushing myself late in the day for some extra miles or one more town.  That's what I'm up to right now.  After making "only" 48 miles from start (at 9:00) to 4:45 (when I left El Dorado Springs), I am now piling on another 40 to reach Fort Scott, Kansas.  I've already gone 20 to Nevada, and did it in only 1:20.  With the temperature falling, the hills disappearing, and (hopefully) the wind calming, I should be in Fort Scott around 8:30.

It's a great feeling when I finish one of these afternoons, and see that I have made more progress than I otherwise would have.  I could be happy spending the night here in Nevada, but I'll be even happier spending it farther west.  Plus, I've been itching for a new state!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.83621755,-94.34281645



1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave,
    Not sure if you're going through Wichita or not, but Travis Rink lives there. Remember him, of the Vote disco light fame? He now works for us on the training team. He lives in Goddard, just outside of Wichita. I'm sure he'd be happy to show you around and give you a meal. Maybe camp in his backyard. Shoot him an email: Travis.Rink@mimio.com.

    Anyways, it's been a blast following this and I'm jealous. I get on a plane tomorrow for a day and a half in Hong Kong, I'd rather be riding.

    Safe Travels!

    -Blake

    ReplyDelete