Map Top

Friday, July 1, 2011

Recuperation Station

Ended up taking the day off today. Despite the forecast of 97 degrees, it ended up being rainy and cloudy and overcast all day - equally unpleasant biking weather. We've mostly just sat around Adam's place, which is fine with me. I did some minor bike maintenance, picked up some new tires (I've already used both the ones I brought) and patched a used tube. We went out for lunch, and just made plans to go out for a nice dinner to celebrate the end of our segment together.

I have felt a little antsy today with nowhere to travel and no miles to knock off. I'm excited to get going tomorrow. Turns out there's a bike path that follows the Illinois River from here to Peru, about 100 miles west - I should be in for a pleasant day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment