Map Top

Thursday, July 28, 2011

More wind

Another frustrating afternoon of wind today.  Several times I had to get off the bike, calm down, and remember to look at the amazing display of nature around me.  Particularly at the end - I followed the Wind River (go figure) up a canyon to Dubois, with red rock walls on one side.  Really beautiful...but still need to remind myself to enjoy it while fighting the wind.

I had heard that you could camp at the Episcopal church in Dubois, and I planned to do that.  But when I arrived tired, hungry, thirsty, dirty, cold, and depressed, I decided to cheer myself up...

A steak!



A beer!



A motel room!



The steak and beer were good.  The recommended motel was full, so this one is a bit of a dump, especially for the price.  Yellowstone tourist season, sadly.  It's got a shower and a bed, I really can't complain.

Tomorrow I'm really out of the Wyoming high plains and back to the mountains.  I'll cross the continental divide AGAIN, then spend the night at Teton national park.  After the past two days, and significant change in scenery will do me well.

This will be the FIFTH time I've crossed the divide already...I did it once each of the previous 4 days.  I hate crossing the divide.  Is a 1200-mile long descent to the Pacific coast really too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment