Map Top

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's the rush?

Much to my surprise, I woke up this morning and wanted to get back on the road.  My pre-accident plan called for three full days here.  The post-accident plan was two full days.  Now I'm ready to leave after one?  What's going on here?

A couple guesses at what's going on:

1 - I'm subconsciously excited to reach the coast.
2 - I'm subconsciously excited to finish the trip.
3 - With the rest in Hermiston, I'd be looking at spending 8 nights in only 3 cities (Hermiston x3, Arlington, Hood River, Portland x3).  If I hadn't had a day off since Teton, which was the original plan, I'm sure the extra day here would have been welcomed, but now I've rested enough to be antsy.  Unfortunate timing and location of the accident...
4 - My friends/hosts left this morning, so I am feeling a post-hangout low.
5 - Leaving today allows me time to see Eugene, another nice-sounding town, and one with a bingo-worthy minor league baseball team.

All good reasons, right?  Off to Tillamook!



No comments:

Post a Comment