Map Top

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Little blue dune buggy

I spent all day passing enormous sand dunes AND places to rent dune buggies....eventually I couldn't take it anymore.  I stopped at Spinreel state park, and while I technically was on an ATV, I'm going to continue to refer to it as a dune buggy.

I don't really need to mention that it was awesome, right?  I first followed an offroad path out to the beach - once out there you could open up the throttle and really fly.  The beach was also cool because it was deserted - it was off-road vehicle access for the most part.  Once back at the main dunes, I went up some big ones, rode along the ridge, then back down.  If you weren't careful you could fall over a pretty steep drop in some places.

The rental shop itself was kind of lawyer-driven in their rental policies.  They practically had a menu of all the extra costs that could be assessed - $25 for a rollover, $100 for a collision, a wet-sand cleaning fee if you went in the water.  It was enough to make me a bit uncomfortable dealing with them, but fortunately I checked out fine when I returned and they tore up my deposit slip.  Hooray for safety!







No comments:

Post a Comment