Map Top

Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello from Adventure Cycling Association headquarters!

Right here in the heart of downtown in lovely Missoula! These are the folks that publish the maps of the TransAmerica route that I have been bashing on and off for the past two months. I guess the heart of my objection is not with them, but with bicycle tourists who only follow the mapped routes, and unknowingly miss out on the adventure of finding your own way. They also do a lot of bicycle advocacy here, which is always a good thing.

After a super-quick 65 miles, I will be relaxing and spending the day in Missoula. It's by far the biggest city I've been in since Denver, and the biggest until Portland. The University of Montana is here, and college towns are always interesting places.

Tomorrow I go up and over Lolo Pass, which is the last mountain pass of my adventure. There's still a little bit of climbing after that, and the Pacific coast is hilly, but as for real mountain passes (and there's been a lot), tomorrow is the last. Bittersweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment