Map Top

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jackson Hot Springs Lodge

After a surprisingly tough day - two passes, a long, empty, windy valley, and a near-miss thunderstorm, I called it a day here at the Jackson Lodge instead of making the last 18 miles to Wisdom.

This place is awesome!  The restaurant was very good, and now I'm sitting on a couch watching the Yankees demolish the White Sox on a big screen TV.  And I have an open tab at the bar, which is 10 feet away.  I will celebrate the Yankee victory with a swim in the mineral hot spring, then retire to my campsite out back.

This doesn't have a big impact on tomorrow.  It's still only 75 miles to Darby (my destination), and after a gentle climb to the continental divide (for the NINTH and final time) I get a big downhill into the Bitterroot Valley.  I think this is an excellent decision.



1 comment:

  1. That looks nice... What, you couldn't eat your cheesecake, drink your beer, watch your Yankees WHILE soaking in a mineral hot spring? Then I'd be impressed.

    ReplyDelete