Map Top

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One percent

I've been on this trip for almost 1% of my entire life.  

At first that seemed like a big number.  How is it possible that I've only been around 100 times as long as this trip, which has gone by in a flash?

After some more thought, the number seemed small.  I've packed so much into this little bit of time - have I done enough with the other 99%?  They say that without evil, there can be no good.  Maybe without normal life, there can be no epic adventures?  If your entire life is a bike tour, aren't you just a hobo?

Anyway, I was surprised when I realized the ~1% number, even if I'm not yet sure of the significance.







1 comment:

  1. Dear Dave,
    As you reach your destination, know that I am very proud of you and your accomplishment--biking across the USA and some! Truly an epic adventure! I enjoyed your daily blog filled with Davidisms and your unique brand of optimism. Enjoy your finale and a well deserved rest with Alicia.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete