Map Top

Monday, August 1, 2011

West Yellowstone

This is the small town just west of the park border in Montana.  Strange place.  The typical visitor seems to be saying "I really want to see Yellowstone, but I also want to do some outlet shopping.  And it would be great if you could overcharge me for all my meals."  Gatlinburg, outside of the Great Smoky Mountains, was similar.  Must be a just-outside-the-park thing.

Also - Big Sky Brewing in Missoula makes a popular beer called Moose Drool.  Last night an English family sat behind me at dinner, and with the same mixture of amusement and contempt I might offer to drink from a Buckingham Palace toilet, the father announced that he simply had to drink Moose Drool before they left.  So proper.







1 comment:

  1. i had some moose drool when i was in coeur d'elene, idaho! surprisingly tasty.

    ReplyDelete