Map Top

Monday, August 15, 2011

Fancy Town

Hood River is very nice, but it's one of those fancy towns I've sometimes come across.  The kind of place where all the hamburgers cost $11 and the motels are all full on Sunday night, except for one so-so place that makes you feel dirty for paying so much for so little.  Dubois, Wyoming was my last fancy town; I think these guys collaborate on prices.

I'm currently at breakfast, sipping a fair-trade coffee, waiting for my organic egg omelet.  I think we all know where this is heading.



2 comments:

  1. See if you can get one pancake for $12

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the sake of fairness I should mention that the breakfast was quite good and not too expensive. The omelet came with options for the sides; one option was "pancakes". Usually these are tiny side pancakes, but in this case they were two full sized pancakes. Made for a good sized meal.

    ReplyDelete