Map Top

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I don't want this beer...I NEED this beer.

That would be the Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout of the Spring House brewing company in Lancaster, PA.  Yes, it is like drinking an alcoholic peanut butter cup. Yes, it was awesome.

Rather than rush through Lancaster to York, PA (just for the sake of progress) I decided to enjoy myself this evening.  I passed through the town of Lititz and sat by their town fountain for a while.  I called my brother (who is meeting me in Asheville on the 14th) and looking at a map we determined that, despite my concerns, I was making good time towards North Carolina.  I thought I'd eat dinner there, but there was nothing great so I pushed on to Lancaster.  Turns out that it has a really nice downtown with lots of shops and restaurants...really nice, especially after dumps like Newburgh and Port Jervis. 

First I went to Lancaster Brewing Company (wouldn't you?) but they had nowhere good to put the bike, so instead rolled down Queen Street, the heart of downtown.  I found this place, which let me bring my bike in, and it's been great.  I also got a tasty meatloaf sandwich.  Yum.  I also took off the bike shorts, so I'm not wearing any underwear.  Don't tell the waitstaff.

There's a motel district just west if here, so I'll head that way when I'm done.  I'm due for a shower anyway.

Tomorrow I'm heading towards Westminster, Maryland, where my buddy Ricka lives.  Depending when I pass through he may be at work, but at least i'll see his wife and new baby!  I'm very excited about this.

I'm finding that predicting where I'll be any given day serves only to impose a stressful deadline on myself.  Very un-dude.  So let's say I'll be in Maryland tomorrow.  And that's good enough.


4 comments:

  1. That is an interesting beer combination - can't say I have ever tried, let alone heard of, peanut butter chocolate stout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the trip is going great! And you're quite a reliable blogger! I'm in Charlotte, about 2 hrs from Asheville. Let me know if you or your brother need any help when you're around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PENUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE STOUT!!!!!! I'm jelly. I hope you've been flat-tire-free. Looks like you're making good progress. Cowabungaaa!!!!!

    -Tony G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have the shoefly pie in Lancaster? They are yummmy

    ReplyDelete