Map Top

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Best fake race ever!

For those that don't know, a "fake race" is when you are biking next to a stranger, and you both keep trying to stay ahead of the other, and before you know it, you're pushing each other faster and faster until someone gives up or has to turn.

So, this afternoon I had a fake race....against a train.  I was going along next to a river, and the touristy Great Smokey Mountain Railway was rumbling along at 15-20 mph.  I pulled ahead, fell behind, caught up...people on the train were taking pictures and waving, I had to give them a show! 

Finally, the iron horse won out as I slowed up a hill and ran out of steam.  But I gave it a good run for a few miles!

2 comments:

  1. Hah! That is definitely an unrivaled fake race. Good thing you didn't go John Henry on us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, dude, you were racing a train, i'd say the odds were very well stacked against you.

    ReplyDelete