Map Top

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hello from Lexington!

The next couple days are going to be less about forward progress, and more about enjoying the two fun-looking cities of Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky.

We made a quick 45 miles here from Berea, and did a quick spin around the University of Kentucky.  We then found a pizza place and put down some sandwiches, including a couple delicious drinks.  This is significant because so far we've only been in DRY counties in Kentucky - unbelievable, considering how much booze is made in this state.  Drinking in the sun, we decided to stay the night in Lexington, then ride out to tour the Woodford Reserve distillery in nearby Versailles (pronounced "Ver-sales".  Awesome.)  Looking for lodging, we thought to see if we could stay in a UK dorm, which is right in town.  Oddly, neither Adam or myself can remember who thought of this idea.  I can swear it was me, though. Beer and biking can be a fun combination.

So, here we are in Blanding Tower, paying $34 for the night and about to head out for the best Lexington has to offer.  Should be a fun time.

I know that some of you out there have some Lexington experience. If you have any recommendations I'll have my phone on me all night.

1 comment:

  1. I will say that Nat, Jess, Joc and I got ripping drunk and ended up at DeSha's right downtown. There were pictures that should never see the light of day. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete