Map Top

Friday, June 17, 2011

And on the Seven(teenth) day, Dave rested

Well, rested is a relative term.  We (we!) did still bike 27 miles.

I would have been willing to take the entire day off, but settled for a relaxing day.  This was ok, because Adam had already spent a few days waiting for me.  We woke up at 8:30, hung out drinking coffee and eating breakfast, and slowly got packed up as noon approached.  We finally were ready to go, and left Asheville at the late hour of 1:30.

First, we stopped at a sporting goods store on the way.  I had wanted to get a dry bag for my sleeping bag.  I got one but I'm not very happy with it...it's sort of a weird shape.  Oh well.

The destination was a campsite just outside Waynesville, NC.  We got here around 6:00, went for a swim in the stream, took showers, made dinner and set up camp.  Compared to the trip so far, this was a day of rest indeed.  And much needed!

Tomorrow we're heading for the Great Smokey Mountains.  In about 2 days we should be near Knoxville.  It's interesting for me to have a whole new set of cities to aim for.  The last two weeks had a certain few all lined up - Lancaster, Front Royal, Roanoke, Asheville.  Now it's all new - Knoxville, Lexington, Louisville, Chicago.  An exciting new world, just from heading in a new direction!



1 comment: