Map Top

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Guest blog, part 2

More from Adam:

Adam from Lexington, Kentucky

This is my first post since Asheville, mostly because I can't type on the tiny keyboard on Dave's smart phone.  Can you imagine what a Luddite I will be decades from now?

The trip has been great so far.  We went up and over the Great Smoky Mountains and the hills of Tennessee before getting into much flatter biking terrain in Kentucky.  Today's ride went through a bunch of rolling hills and horse farms on our way into Lexington.  Tomorrow we will bike through more horse farms on our way to the Woodford Reserve distillary  - where we will take a tour and drink some bourbon :)

I've tried to stop by any colleges or universities that we pass near.  It is part of the angst of graduate school- trying to convince myself that life would still be good at the University of Kentucky.  We saw a really nice school in Berea, Kentucky called Berea College.  I've never heard of it, but it had a nice campus and apparently all 1,500 students are on full scholarships - pretty cool.

We've got about 350 miles to go until Hyde Park.  Probably just 6 days of biking given the flatter ground and my legs getting used to biking all day.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-adam

1 comment: