Map Top

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Packing

I was out of town for the weekend, so final trip preparations were pushed back a few days. Now I'm really getting to the serious stuff...like packing clothes! Here's what I'll be wearing for the next 3 months (don't judge me!):
  • 3 pair bike socks
  • 1 pair warm socks
  • 1 pair bike gloves
  • 1 pair mesh shorts
  • 1 pair zip-off long pants
  • 1 bathing suit
  • 2 pair bike shorts
  • 2 pair underwear (not worn with bike shorts)
  • 3 anti-sweat shirts (the moisture-wicking ones, to be worn while biking)
  • 1 long-sleeve anti-sweat shirt
  • 1 long-sleeve warm Under Armor shirt
  • 1 fleece zip-up
  • 1 rain jacket

And it all (minus the fleece) fits in this tiny bag:


That little guy is a front pannier. I've laid out most of my stuff, and I'm entertaining the idea of only taking rear panniers. I suppose you're supposed to balance your stuff between front and back, but it would be nice to consolidate down to only 2 bags. I only used rear bags on my other trips, and while I do have slightly more stuff this time, my sleeping bag and tent are now significantly smaller, and those are the two biggest things.

We will see. And maybe without front bags I'll flip over backwards going over a mountain. Fun times!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave! Good luck on your big time bike trip. (I've become a big fan of the bivy sack, if you're looking to go minimalist)

    ReplyDelete