Map Top

Monday, May 23, 2011

First Ride

I built the bike on Friday, then tweaked it on Saturday. Sunday was the first time really taking it out on the road.

I did have to play with things at first, but that's to be expected. I spent a lot of time adjusting the seat post, moving the seat forward and backward, and tilting the handlebars up and down. Right now I feel a little more stretched out on it than my other bike, which is odd because it's supposed to be a little more compact and upright. I may end up with different handlebars that will bring everything a bit closer. The seat can also move down a little. I'll compare it to the measurements from my current bike and work from there. These are very boring details, and I apologize.

I went north all the way to Haverhill, then up to the NH border (just because). Ate lunch at the Groveland Diner, where I officially met my first strangers who asked to follow the blog. I think that may end up being a common thing. I'm excited for it. Turned around at the border and came home by a similar but slightly different route. I don't have a bike computer yet, but Google says I went 75 miles. Overall, definitely feel good about how things went.

No comments:

Post a Comment