Map Top

Monday, May 23, 2011

The blog!

By now you've figured out that posts will appear right here. Some wizardry has allowed my to embed a map of my current position at the top of the page. While on the trip, my phone will be able to send my current location, which will update the map. Updates should be about once an hour or two, but if my batteries are unhappy about that then it'll only be once or twice per day. Either way, the phone/GPS/map/blog combo is working together nicely and I think it's pretty cool.

Also - when I send a post from my phone, it will include a link at the bottom with my location. If you click it, you'll see a map of where I was when I sent the post. It's a neat way to see where I was at a given time, rather than my current location on top of the page.

Please feel free to add blog comments. It's probably the second-best way to stay in touch with me, other than email.

Lastly, if you scroll to the bottom, you'll see two pictures of very pretty bridges. I should be biking across the first one on June 1, and then the second one somewhere in late August.

No comments:

Post a Comment